Welcome to the party/swap/challenge! I'm so glad you could join in!! Today is the day where we'll share our projects we've been working on for ourselves!
(If this is your first time visiting, please read here for the background info)
At the end of this post, I'll be putting up links to your "It's All About Me" blog posts, as you let me know about them. Be sure to scroll down and visit all the participants :)
To start the ball rolling....
Remember this watermelon print?
Well, after three years of wanting to change it over, I finally did it!
The original plan was to paint over the watermelon print frame and replace the print with a painting. But I knew my mum would love that print, and I paid a small fortune to have it framed all those years ago, so I gave it to her. I started my new painting from scratch, in an antique frame that I have hoarded for about 3 years!
What was going to be a rose painting, ended up being an old style postcard looking painting....
of a scene that makes me feel calm and serene.
Bordered by roses and lily of the valley...
and featuring little animals...
Like these white swans...
with one ducking for food under the water....
And as per Leroy's request - a puppy in front of the little barn.
It was such a fun experience creating for myself. I think I'm going to do this more often!
I'm so glad you've joined me for this challenge/party/swap, and I can't WAIT to see what you've created!
If you're visiting and not participating, I hope you are inspired by all the creations you're about to see, and that one day soon, you will make time for yourself too.
*******The giveaways (All drawn in one week, 29th October 2009)*******
- So I am giving a random surprise gift to one participant from the list that will form below. Winner will be drawn in one week, so even if you're late, please do let me know about your project and I'll add you to the list
- The other giveaway is for anyone, participant or visitor, who leaves a comment on this post, or the post back on Sept 5th. I'll be putting all the combined names into a hat and drawing a random winner of another surprise gift (one entry per person).
- The last giveaway is for those who have been letting me know that they added the "It's All About Me" blog button to their blogs, or who wrote a blog post about it. I've been maintaining a list of names, and that randomly drawn winner will also win a surprise gift.
And now, what you've been waiting for.... the list of participants! (If you're participating, please leave me a comment on this blog post, letting me know only once your blog post is up. I'll leave a direct link to it, and update as often as I can. Please allow for time differences across the world, as I'm in Australia and we sleep while the Northern Hemisphere is awake! This post was published just after midnight so I'll update in the morning)
IT'S ALL ABOUT ME 2009 PARTICIPANTS
- GerryART - Crocheted bag and yarn holding bag
- Only Cute Things - Daughter's Room Makeover
- Pearl Maple - Altered Art Bucket List
- She's Sew Pretty - Finished Decorating her Studio
- Cottage~Tinkered Treasures for your home - Chair Pad using her sewing machine the first time
- The Rose Room - Revamped Twinset
- Reflections From the Stone Nest - Inspiration Board
- Shabby Art Boutique - Family Room Transformation
- Pink and Pretty Designs - Vintage Style Lamp and Pillow
- SharDon Exclusives - Christmas Themed Art Journal
- Faerie Window - "A Beautiful Life" Journal
- My Mother's Pearls - Multi Purpose Craft Tote/Purse
- A Scrapbook of Inspiration - The Blogland Diaries address & record book
- Pink Dogwood Blossom - Elegant Purse and Scarf to wear to the Opera
- Marigold Manor - Knitted Fingerless Gloves
- Jacaranda Artesanias - Hand Painted Fowerpots
- Creative Art and Family Life with Alison Gibbs - "A Beautiful Life" Journal
- Inn Country - Handmade Cloth Doll
- Vintage Blue Studio - Frou Frou Princess Mixed Media Piece
- Lili M's Adventures - Doll boxes, Halloween Cage and the beginnings of some projects
- Queen of Dreamz/Dream Kingdom - Crochet Neck Warmer and Wrist Cuffs
- A Bit of Heaven - Tote Bag
- The White Bench - Box and Board Makeover
- Living Beautifully - Fabric Cuff Bracelets
- Pearl's Sentimental Journey - Halloween Banner AND SHE IS HAVING TWO GREAT GIVEAWAYS!
- Such a Wondrous Space This Faerytale Space - Beaded Jewels
- Dream, Create, Inspire - "A Beautiful Life" Journal
- Rhonda Mum - Charlotte Doll Mixed Media Art
- A Pink Blossom Pond - Magical Pumpkin Art
- Sweet Scarlett - Making over a wicker chair
- Fitty's Pink Rose Cottage - Revamped Egg House and bought china
- Fall Creek Cottage - Mail Basket
- Pretty Petals - Vintage Jewellery Necklace
- Gypsy Brocante - Halloween & Spider Inspired Vintage Jewellery Necklace
- The French Bear - Boo Pumpkins and Sleepyhead Kitten
- Creations By Marie Antoinette - Marie Antoinette's Christmas Tree Doll
- Langley Girl - Fairy Shadow Box
- My Enchanted Home - Fairies, Fairies and More Fairies
- Speckled Egg - Embellished Case for Craft Supplies
- Golden Bird Knits - Log Cabin Wash Cloths & Scarf AND SHE IS GIVING AWAY A SUGARCANE YARN BALL!